It’s estimated that breweries in the United States spend a combined $200 million per year on energy costs, with average energy consumption equal to up to 8 percent of the total production costs of the beer they produce. There are refrigeration requirements, lighting needs, processing needs, and a variety of other energy-intensive activities that breweries need to carry out on a day-to-day basis to create their product. Noting all of this, it makes sense for breweries to do what’s necessary to not only conserve energy but reduce this core operating expense. Green Line Rates is here to help with its energy consulting and utility bill audit for breweries.
Read on to learn more about how Green Line Rates partners with breweries to help identify opportunities to conserve energy, thereby lowering a facility’s carbon footprint and utility bills.
How It Works
A utility bill audit is a thorough assessment of a facility’s bills. It consists of a professional auditor carefully reviewing past utility bills to ensure that your brewery has been correctly billed and identify opportunities for alternative billing and cost savings. An audit is designed to spot any irregularities and seek any adjustments for them in the form of energy credits or reimbursement. Additionally, an audit can help ensure that a facility is billed correctly for its energy moving forward and improve utility costs in the future.
Here’s a look at the typical process for a utility bill audit:
- Initial kickoff: The initial kickoff will consist of a consultation where we can learn more about your brewery’s current utility usage, its operations schedule, and any energy reduction goals that you want to strive for.
- Review past utility bills: Following the initial kickoff, we’ll work to gain access to your brewery’s past utility bills and let our auditors go to work.
- Rate analysis and review: This is the most intensive part of the project. Our professional auditors will carefully assess your utility bills to look for compliance errors, opportunities to negotiate with energy companies and secure better rates, alternative rate options, and more. We have a variety of tools and know-how at our disposal to help your brewery reduce its energy operating expenses.
- Identify savings: Following the rate analysis and review phase, we’ll again meet with you and present our findings and opportunities for your brewery to save on its energy costs. We’ll make recommendations on opportunities to pursue and identify the expected cost savings of such. During this step, we’ll also look to you to give the OK on what opportunities you’d like us to pursue.
- Deliver savings: Once we get the go-ahead, we’ll work to deliver those savings based on what we discovered throughout this process. In most cases, we can help a brewery save anywhere from 5 to more than 20 percent on energy costs.
Contact us today to learn more about how the utility bill audit process works and to schedule an initial consultation.
At Green Line Rates, we specialize in performing utility bill audits for breweries to help them save money. We also offer energy consulting services, where we work to become a true extension of your brewery to further help improve its energy efficiency. Read on to learn more about these services offered.
Brewery Utility Audit
We described our utility bill audit procedures above in greater detail, but it’s worth noting that our experience working with breweries and restaurants helps us know what trends and opportunities to look for during the assessment. Contact us today to learn more about our utility bill audit services and how we can help save your brewery money.
Brewery Energy Consulting
Outside of the one-time utility bill audit, Green Line Rates also offers the opportunity to partner with your brewery to form a long-term consulting relationship. By doing so, we can provide your brewery with a comprehensive understanding of any further opportunities beyond how it’s billed to further improve its overall energy efficiency. As part of this consulting relationship, we can develop a plan to meet any identified energy efficiency goals and even conduct an energy audit to see where improvements can be made throughout the facility. As an energy consultant, we’ll even monitor your brewery’s energy usage over time to ensure that it continues operating efficiently to keep its overall energy costs down. Any reduction in overhead translates to an improvement in your bottom line. We’re here to help.
Remember, when it comes to saving energy, it’s typically not one major thing that can make a difference, but a variety of smaller things that make a difference in the long run. Between Green Line Rates’ utility bill audit service, energy auditing, and long-term energy consulting, we’re poised to help your brewery make that difference over the long term.
If you don’t save money, we don’t get paid. That’s one of the nice things about working with Green Line Rates – you literally don’t have anything to lose. To put it simply, if we cannot identify savings opportunities for you to implement in your brewery, then we don’t earn any money. No questions asked.
However, this is rarely the case. We almost always identify savings opportunities, whether it’s via our utility bill audit services, energy audit offering, or consulting partnerships. And in most cases, we can save a brewery anywhere from 5 to more than 20 percent on its energy bills. Contact us today to get started and begin identifying energy savings opportunities.
Get Your Utilities Audited Today!
For more information on the value of a utility bill audit for breweries, contact Green Line Rates today. As a professional, qualified firm dedicated to reducing your energy bills and improving your bottom line, we’re dedicated to identifying various ways for your facility to trim its overhead costs and save money. Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation.
If you live in Georgia or one of the following cities please feel free to reach out:
DeKalb County: Avondale Estates, Brookhaven, Chamblee, Clarkston, Decatur, Doraville, Dunwoody, Lithonia, Pine Lake, Stonecrest, Stone Mountain, and Tucker, Gainesville, Peachtree Corners, Milton, Sandy Springs, and more!